Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mermaid Quilt

 

I finished the mermaid quilt!  I can't get a decent picture of the whole quilt because our house is small and the quilt is big.  So, if you want to see the whole thing, you'll have to come visit us in Copenhagen!  Anne was such a lifesaver when I was starting the quilting process.  She talked me through some quilting problems over the phone and we realized that my walking foot wasn't on correctly.  I think that woman knows everything there is to know about quilting!


I met a couple friends for coffee downtown yesterday.  It has been gorgeous here the last couple of days.

 
I joined my sis-in-law's Pattern Challenge.  These are the two Danish patterns that I am going to make this spring.   I love the look of the pants and the top.  Hopefully I can figure out how to make the patterns with some help from Google Translate.   

Hope you all have a fabulous week!

11 comments:

Susan Nudelman said...

I had a feeling that once you had finished that quilt, it would be too precious for such a mundane job! I think that curling up under it on a cold morning is much better!

I finished my 4th patch. Time for you to start catching up!

savvy stitch said...

The quilt likes it so much more indoors! I know, I need to get cracking on my blocks. I might work on that tomorrow...

Sarah Seitz said...

Oh my gosh, it's so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person! How big is it? I love how you quilted is. Ethan is the cutest! I miss you guys!

Sarah Seitz said...

P.S. I forgot to say, I'm so glad you're joining the Pattern Challenge! It has been so much fun and its got me on a serious clothing making obsession!

bekah said...

So so beautiful! I still need to catch up with mine! I'm excited to see how the pants and top turn out...you are so brave!

Unknown said...

wow!! that was fast! i especially love the back. so interesting and modern. :) ethan looks so cute in that coat. i can hardly stand it! it was so nice to chat with you guys. let's do it again soon--maybe next weekend?

sewtakeahike said...

dont you just love that HR fabric?? You're quilt is awesome!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! You inspire creativity, Emily! Well done. :)

Ravenhill said...

Oh, what a gorgeous quilt! It is totally stunning. I see you too are a transplant. I am an American living in Norway. :)

I have used the Onion patterns too. I made a pair of pants for my 4 year old. It was so delightfully fast and easy that I have made her at least 3 more. I think I lost count. They are her faves.

Happy weekend!
♥ emily

Anonymous said...

Ha! I didn't see this one. Love the pics and you know I love the quilt. Can't wait to see you in your Hot new Danish pants. Get to sewing!

-a

Isisjem said...

When you just left a comment on my blog saying you'd made a mermaid quilt I had to go search your blog for it! I love it! It's such a cool line!