Monday, January 18, 2010

Ethan's Quilt



I literally have my work cut out for me.  All the fabric is cut out for Ethan's clamshell quilt.  THAT took a long time!  I spread out all of the pieces, and it is going to be a pretty big quilt.  I "fussy cut" the peacocks and positioned the pieces together, so the bodies are more or less intact.  I added some Liberty peacock fabric in the mix and I like the result.  I carefully stacked all of the pieces in order, and am sewing one row at a time.


 
 
I am already done with two rows.  If I keep going at this pace, I will finish the quilt in less than two months.  Not bad!  I am also making a Liberty sampler quilt along with my mom-in-law.  We both love Liberty fabric and were deeply inspired by this quilt.  The directions to our first block can be found here.   I might make my first block today.  I made Dacia's delicious chicken salad for lunch today and can't wait to eat it.   Hope you all had a restful weekend.

5 comments:

Susan Nudelman said...

The quilt is awesome!

We used to make this chicken salad all of the time back when I was in highschool. We used grapes instead of raisins, but otherwise, it seems like the same recipe. Yummy!

Sarah Seitz said...

Love the clamshell quilt!! Where did you find the pattern/instructions for making it? I've never seen one of them before! It's going to be gorgeous!

savvy stitch said...

Sarah, I used a 4" clamshell template. I used the same template for the fabric and the paper piecing. You can find them here: http://www.quilttemplates.com

Anonymous said...

Yummy it was, in the tummy it is. Thanks for making all these blankets to keep us warm in this everlasting winter!
Aaron

bekah said...

Wow...that's it...getting the mermaids out! :)