Thursday, April 23, 2009

100 Acre Woods

I received some hand-me-down baby items yesterday, including a classic Winnie the Pooh duvet cover, blanket, and sheets. I wasn't envisioning a Winnie the Pooh themed room for Baby Noodles, and in fact am not fond of the commercial Disney Winnie the Pooh, but didn't know how to tie the bedding in with the nursery. After talking about it last night, Aaron and I decided to go with the hundred acre woods theme. We are inspired by the books by A.A. Milne and illustrations by E.H. Shepard.
Since we are renting we can't paint, so we decided to decorate with vinyl wall decals. We found these decals on Etsy and plan on getting the tree trunks in brown. I want to find some animal decals for the forest.
I love this owl.
After finding out that Aaron had a Winnie the Pooh mobile for his nursery when he was a baby, we found this 1971 mobile on Ebay and got it for the room. I think these retro characters are so much cuter than the ones you see today! I was thinking about using these colors for the room, or colors that coordinate.

5 comments:

enudelman said...

That is going to be SOOO cute! I don't know if you ever read the Winnie the Pooh books, but I read every single one when I was a little girl. There is a book of silly poems that I loved. I think baby will love his room!

Mom

Sarah Seitz said...

I love those decals! Did you order them yet? Baby's room will be adorable!

savvy stitch said...

We still need to order them!

Dacia said...

cuteness!

Unknown said...

I love your idea! I can't wait to see the final room. Only a few more weeks to go right?