Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ice cream and a bike ride

Over the weekend I made this Oliver + S "Ice Cream Dress" for my little lady.  I made it in the 12-18 month size, just in time for her first summer in Seattle.
I sewed the dress with French seams and used Amy's tutorial for lined pockets.
Back view
I love that mother of pearl button!  
If you decide to make this dress, I recommend using Amy's detailed instructions in tandem with the directions that come with the pattern pieces.  She has a bunch of helpful information in her posts.
The sun was out today, so we went on a long bike ride to the Dyrehave ("Animal Park").  We stopped for hot chocolate at a cafe in the park and biked along the coast on the way home.  
We started our ride like this...
and ended the ride like this.  (Ethan is still in the bike--you can see the top of his helmet if you look closely.)
Hope you had a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was SO much fun. I'm pooped now, and very glad we already made dinner. How cute was that with Ethan and Chase in the bike together? I must say, mad props to you for being 7+ months prego and still managing to bike well over 10 miles, more than half of which were with the 100lb dog in the bike too!
Love you!
A

Susan Nudelman said...

The pic of Chase in the bike with Ethan is so funny! I love the dress! This is going to be one well-dressed little girl!

Dacia said...

oh my goodness she is so cute. if we ever have a little girl you have to make me one just like it! at the least, i will get to hold your bundle in this one!!

Sarah Seitz said...

That is the CUTEST dress!! Love the pics of Ethan and you on the Christiania. I'm so impressed you're still biking!!

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,

Meghan here, Hanna Lunau's friend ... I regularly log on and check your blog, you are always up to such lovely things and are so creative. I just love the dress you made for your bump, where did you get the pattern? I would like to try making it for my little Hanna :) Megs x

Imnotaquilter said...

Such a beautiful dress and thank you for the link to Badskirt - which is local for me and I didn't even know about it! I'm working on the Ice Cream dress now - your colour scheme for it is really inspiring.

savvy stitch said...

Imnotaquilter--I'm glad you liked the link to Badskirt. I found her advice extremely helpful and I'm glad I found it! I'd love to see a picture of the dress you make! I made another one a few weeks ago and just need to post some pics.

imnotaquilter said...

Thanks! I'm pretty slow so it may take me awhile to finish it...